To donate to the Beat Breast Cancer campaign, text the word BEAT to the number 70007 or 70099
because someone reminded me of it, if you want to do your breast checks yourself: here are the resources!
date someone who gives you the same feeling of when you see your food coming at a restaurant
- To easily remove wax from candle holders, stick the holders in the freezer. When the wax hardens, it will be much easier to pop off.
- Coat a candle holder with cooking spray before you put the candle in to make it easier to get the wax out later.
- To light hard-to-reach candles in jars or the like, light the end of a piece of spaghetti.
- If a candle doesn’t quite fit its holder, try wedging a toothpick in between the candle and the container. Break off the visible portion of the toothpick.
- Freeze candles before use to make them last longer. Be careful about doing this with candles that have a coating, though - as the candle may separate from the covering.
- Keep wicks trimmed to about 1/4 inch. If the wick is too long, it can cause smoke and make the candle burn too fast.
- Make sure you clean any debris that gets in the wax pool. Stray wick trimmings or bits of paper can catch fire.
And, as always
- Don’t leave a burning candle unattended!